R. Baker & Son All Industrial Services is a contracting company that specializes in rigging, dismantling, and demolition and plant relocations on a global basis. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized estimator with at least 5+ years of experience in the industrial contracting field to work at our headquarters in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Estimators will work primarily on industrial projects that require estimates on rigging, selective or total demolition, excavation, or a combination of these services. These projects are typically in our core markets: Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Manufacturing Plants, Chemical Plants, Petroleum Plants, Biopharmaceutical. Estimators will work closely with Engineers and Owners and Subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Must be able to read blue prints/plans
- Must be able to provide detailed volume and quantity take-offs / estimates
- Must have strong computer skills (CADD preferable)
- Must have experience with demolition, rigging and excavation estimating
- Must have experience preparing detailed cost estimates from site walks and bid documents.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction/demolition costs.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Demolition / Construction Estimator, preferably within R. Baker’s core markets
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required. An engineering, architectural or construction management degree is also preferred.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please no calls. Email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org